We take the protection of your personal data seriously and comply with the applicable legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and the Belgian Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data.
Customers and visitors to our Platform are hereinafter referred to as "Users".
2. Who processes your personal data?
Go Media B.V., with registered office at Rue Fransman 25, 1020 Brussels, registered in the Belgian Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under the number 0738552357 (hereinafter "Gyldenore" and "We") is responsible for the processing of your personal data on the Platform (Website and App).
3. What personal data do we process?
We collect certain personal data from Users of the Platform (Website and/or App). These include in particular the following information:
- Category 1: We process the name (surname and first name) and contact details of the Users of the Platform (e-mail, telephone number, address, visa and bank information etc.). If a company/moral person registers as a User of the Platform, we also process the name and contact details of the representative of the User. This data is processed by us because you communicate it to us for processing, for example at the time of registration with the Platform, or upon registration for our newsletter, or when you contact us by sending an email or completing the contact form on the Platform. We emphasize that we will not share this data with third parties (apart from possible buyers or sellers of vehicles or other products so that you can contact them or they can contact you), unless we are legally required to do so.
Gyldenore does not, in principle, process personal data of minors. If personal data of minors should nevertheless be passed on to us, the person who passes this data on to us will be exclusively responsible and liable for the processing of this data. Please note that we often do not have the means to verify the age of Users of our Platform and that you should not register with our Platform if you are underage.
In principle, we do not process special and/or sensitive personal data, unless you explicitly communicate such data to us.
Gyldenore guarantees that all personal data will only be viewed by employees or associates to the extent that this is necessary for the performance of their duties. In addition, these persons are bound by a confidentiality obligation with regard to your privacy.
4. Legal grounds for processing your personal data
The need to be able to offer you the contractually agreed services (namely access to the Platform) is also an additional legal basis for the processing of your personal data (in other words, the execution of the agreement between you and us is also a legal basis for processing your personal data).
5. For which purposes do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data to enable Users to gain access to the Platform and to allow the Platform to function optimally, and to notify you of updates and other information with regard to the Platform.
More precisely, we process your personal data to:
- For category 1 data: to be able to offer you the contractually agreed services.
- For category 1 and 3 data: To ensure that the Platform functions optimally, namely to ensure that it permits Users to place or view advertisements for vehicles or other products in a database, and to ensure that those advertisements are accessible to third parties via the internet; to submit a description of a vehicle (or other product) and any other related information in connection with the listing of a vehicle (or other product) for sale on the Platform as a “Seller”; and to submit bids directly to the Seller for the purchase of vehicles (or other products) posted as a “Buyer”;
- For category 1 and 2 data: To provide you with targeted information such as e-mails and newsletters that may interest you (including information regarding new functionalities or details of our services; for example, if you state that you are interested in a certain kind or brand of vehicle, we can send you newsletters or other information specifically for that kind or brand);
- For category 3 and 4 data: To do analytical research to optimize our Platform (Website and/or App) on technical and content level; and to map, based on anonymous data, the preferences, interests, surfing behaviour and backgrounds of the Users of our Platform (for more information on anonymous data, see article 11 regarding cookies below);
- For data from category 1 to 4: to answer any questions from Users and to manage the technical administration of our Platform.
Gyldenore will only communicate your personal data to employees who are themselves also contractually bound by confidentiality obligations.
Disclosure of anonymous data to third parties is permitted.
We have the right to communicate your data, in the event of (suspicion of) serious violations of the law or of the Terms and Conditions to the competent judicial services or police services. We can also do this to protect our rights or those of third parties or to safeguard the safety of Users of the Platform.
6. For how long do we process your personal data?
All personal data is stored for the period necessary for us to deliver our services to you.
7. Sharing of personal data with third parties
Gyldenore does not disclose your data to third parties, unless this is necessary for the implementation of our legal obligations and qualifications or for the services we provide to you (e.g. sharing contact details for the purposes of the Platform, i.e. bringing potential buyers and sellers of vehicles (or other products) in contact with each another; sharing certain data with suppliers of software, email clients, etc.;). If companies process your data on our behalf, we will conclude a data processing agreement to ensure an adequate level of security and confidentiality. Gyldenore remains responsible for such processing. We will never sell or trade your personal data to third parties.
8. Right of access, correction, and objection
You have the right to have free access to your personal data at any time. You can request access by sending an email to info [at] gyldenore.com. You also have the right to correct or change your personal data if they are incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, also by sending an e-mail to info [at] gyldenore.com. For questions regarding accessing or correcting data, we ask you to always enclose a copy of your identity card so that we can verify your identity before we communicate this information. You also have the right to transfer your personal data to another entity responsible for the processing of your data (request to be sent via the same email address).
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. This can be done by sending an e-mail to info [at] gyldenore.com (also with the addition of a copy of your identity card). However, you cannot object to the processing of your personal data if this is necessary for the fulfilment of the contractual obligations or compliance to the law.
You are always responsible for the accuracy of the information that you provide to us.
9. Contact: information, questions or complaints
10. Data leaks
We take the security of your personal data seriously and have taken technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
Our Website is equipped with an SSL certificate (https connection) so that the communication between you and our Website is encrypted by adequate encryption standards.
We are, however, not liable for direct or indirect damage arising from your incorrect or unlawful use of personal data. You yourself are responsible for correctly storing your password, access code and other login details, and for keeping these confidential. Any negligent or unlawful use of these data by the User or a third party (unless this was caused by a mistake on our part) falls outside our responsibility and liability. In case of loss, theft, or unlawful use of your login details you must inform us as soon as possible.
12. Information with regard to cookies
Cookies are small text or number files that are stored to the hard disk of the computer of website visitors. Cookies contain information such as the language preference of the surfer, to prevent him/her from having to enter this information again with each next visit to the same website. Some cookies enable a website to be displayed in a graphically correct manner, other cookies ensure the proper functioning of a website application, etc.
Cookies and similar technologies do not allow for our systematic collection of data that can identify the users of our Platform. They help us to improve the functioning of our Platform, to better respond to the interests of our users, and to measure the efficacy of the content of our Platform.
You can disable or block certain cookies through your web browser. Below you will find how you can do this for the most common web browsers:
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=nl&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-in-en-uitschakelen-websites-voorkeuren?redirectlocale=nl&redirectslug=Cookies+in-+en+uitschakelen
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/nl-be/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-be/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Please note that if you disable or do not accept cookies, you will not be able to make (optimum) use of (certain parts of) our Platform.
Please note too that you cannot adjust all types of cookies in this way. Certain functionally necessary cookies and statistics cookies cannot be adjusted, as these cookies are necessary for the functioning of our Platform or for collecting general information on the way in which our users use the Platform. The data we collect through these cookies are always anonymous.
12.3 What cookies do we use on our Website?
We may use various types of cookies on our Platform, e.g. cookies that save your preferred language; security cookies; cookies that save your registration or login details; cookies that save certain preferences (e.g. for receiving newsletters, localisation of region, etc.); cookies that save certain interests; cookies used for statistical research in order to optimise the form, content, or structure of our Platform or for analysing the surfing behaviour or the origin of visitors, always on the basis of anonymous data (e.g. Google Analytics cookies); tracking cookies that enable us or partners to send, based on anonymous data, suggestions to users through newsletters, etc.
Below you will find a detailed list of cookies we use on our Platform: